How To Connect/Pair iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR to Apple CarPlay In Honda Vehicles
The new iPhones are out! These five little words are among the best that a tech enthusiast could ever hear. Whether you already have or will soon be running out to buy your new iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR, you’ll definitely want to connect it to Apple CarPlay in your Honda vehicle.
Here’s what you’ll need to know in order to be able to do so.
How do I Connect my iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR to Apple CarPlay in my Honda?
(Assuming that your Honda is Apple CarPlay compatible) you’ll need to:
- Plug your iPhone into the CarPlay USB port. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon. If the CarPlay Home screen doesn’t appear, select the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
- If your car supports CarPlay over a wired solution, plug your iPhone into the USB port of your car. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
- If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Or make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car. See your car’s manual for more information.
- If your car has one, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel. Then ask what you need.
- If you have a touch screen, touch and hold the Home button in CarPlay until Siri appears on your stereo display. Then ask what you need.
Honda’s Apple CarPlay is for use with paired Apple products like the iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR. It consists of phone, messages, maps, music options and more.