The All New 2018 Honda Accord
The All New 2018 Honda Accord
The Honda Accord has been a household name since it was first introduced in 1976. It has gone through 9 generational changes across 42 model years. Over the years, American car buyers have purchased more the 13 million Honda Accords. The 9th generation Accord has been the top selling midsize car in America from 2011 to 2016. With current sales staying on trend, it is likely the Honda accord will retain this title in 2017. American car buyers have come to trust the reliability and resale value that Honda Accord offers.
Honda will introduce the 10th generation of the Accord this fall. The new Accord is completely redesigned. It is built on a lighter and more sophisticated chassis that has a lower and wider stance. The unibody structure is lighter and more rigid which offers better handling and performance and improved fuel efficiency. The new 10th generation Accord will also offer its most powerful powertrain yet with a new turbocharged engine and a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The new 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine produces 192-horsepower with 192 lb-ft of torque. For those looking for a more thrilling driving experience a turbo charged 2.0-liter option is available. The 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine produces 252-horsepower with 273 lb-ft of torque. The six-speed manual transmission will still be available, but the CVT and the 10-speed automatic options will deliver outstanding performance and better fuel efficiency.
The 2018 Honda Accord continues to deliver outstanding performance and fuel efficiency. Every element in the 10th generation Accord is designed to be a sophisticated driving machine. The Honda Accord delivers unique performance and up-scaled interior that is unequaled in its class.
Some of the unique improvements that have been made to the 2018 Honda Accord include:
- 29 percent ultra-high strength steel, the highest ever for a mass-produced Honda
- ACE™ front body structure with crash stroke design
- Laser-brazed roof skin
- Rear crush zones with Softzone technology
- First use of structural adhesives in Accord
- First application of acoustic spray foam to Accord
- More aerodynamically efficient: 3 percent reduction of CdA
- Lighter (42 pounds, body-in-white), and more rigid (+24 percent torsional stiffness, +32 percent bending stiffness)
- Active Shutter Grille (2.0-liter models)
- Aluminum intensive front suspension with new ultra-rigid aluminum and steel subframe
- Multi-link rear suspension with floating subframe
- Adaptive Damper System (Touring trims)
- Two-Mode Driving System (Touring trims)
- Dual-pinion, variable-ratio electronic power steering
- Electronic Brake Booster (EBB)
- Electric Parking Brake (EPB) with Automatic Brake Hold
- Six percent lighter chassis (excluding tires and wheels)
- Five new alloy wheel designs (17″ and 19″)
The Honda Accord also offers some of the most sophisticated driving technology on the market today. Honda Sensing with Traffic Sign Recognition comes standard on the 2018 Accord. Available options also include an 8-inch infotainment system, 6-inch heads up display, smartphone connectivity, and wireless device charging. The new Honda Accord delivers the latest technologies that help keep the driver connected and focused on the road.
If you are interested in learning more about the 2018 Honda Accord, then come down to Rairdon’s Honda of Burien today and schedule a test drive. Our award winning customer service team have been trained by representatives of Honda on all the unique qualities of the brand new 2018 Honda Accord.