West Seattle Outdoor Movies Going on Now!
The 14th annual West Seattle Outdoor Movies event began on July 21st with a showing of Wonder Woman. Brought you by the West Seattle Junction Association and the West Seattle Fauntleroy YMCA, the free event takes place every Saturday from July 21, 2018 to August 25, 2018 near the YMCA.
Not only does the event show some awesome films, but there’s plenty of other fun activities to enjoy as well. Raffles with proceeds going to local charities, a pre-show with YMCA kids’ games and activities, food trucks, and concessions sold by the YMCA round out the event. The nonprofit partners of the 2018 West Seattle Outdoor Movies include the West Seattle Helpline on July 21, Westside Baby on July 28, West Seattle Food Bank on August 4, Time Bank on August 11, ArtsWest on August 18, and WSJA Mural Project on August 25. Each nonprofit will be operating and benefitting from the raffle tickets on their respective days.
If you’re interested in learning more about the films being shown this year, check out the lineup below.
West Seattle Outdoor Movies Lineup
- July 21: Wonder Woman — “When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, Diana, an Amazonian warrior in training, leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny.” (2017, Rated PG-13, 141 minutes)
- July 28: The Secret Life of Pets — “The quiet life of a terrier named Max is upended when his owner takes in Duke, a stray whom Max instantly dislikes.” (2016, Rated PG, 87 minutes)
- August 4: Star Wars: The Last Jedi — “Rey develops her newly discovered abilities with the guidance of Luke Skywalker, who is unsettled by the strength of her powers. Meanwhile, the Resistance prepares for battle with the First Order.” (2017, Rated PG-13, 152 minutes)
- August 11: A Wrinkle in Time — “After the disappearance of her scientist father, three peculiar beings send Meg, her brother, and her friend to space in order to find him.” (2018, Rated PG, 109 minutes)
- August 18: Coco — “Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family’s ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.” (2017, Rated PG, 105 minutes)
- August 25: Black Panther — “T’Challa, the King of Wakanda, rises to the throne in the isolated, technologically advanced African nation, but his claim is challenged by a vengeful outsider who was a childhood victim of T’Challa’s father’s mistake.” (2018, Rated PG-13, 134 minutes)
The gates open at 6:30 PM, and the free movie showings begin at dusk. The event location is 3622 SW Snoqualmie St in West Seattle. If you’re looking for another upcoming event to enjoy in the West Seattle area, check out our article about the Alki Art Fair.